Adult Pottery PT3-1 Seats Available
1/11/2022 to 3/8/2022
- Tuesday 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
John's primary focus is on wheel throwing, but hand-building, slab work, and extruder skills are also offered. All skill levels are taught with the aim of personal improvement. Beginners will be shown basic techniques and forms such as cylinders and bowls. Students with intermediate skills will explore methods to improve and expand their clay experiences, such as large forms, multiple part pieces, handles, and surface techniques. Glaze application will be demonstrated including the use of the spray booth.
John has a BA in Television Production and Marketing from Univ. WI-Madison. He has been a hobby potter since 1980, a teacher at Wesleyan Potters since 1994, and a Wesleyan Potters Key Member since 2013.
Due to precautions against Covid-19, some of our studio procedures have changed. We would like to provide a safe and clean environment to all of our staff, instructors, members, and students. Please take note of the following:
- Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination will be required for class registration for the Winter session and all sessions going forward.
- Face masks are required for ALL individuals while inside the Wesleyan Potters facility. Face masks must cover the nose, mouth, and chin.
- No separate Bench times - students will have an additional 2 hours after class time to work on their projects. Morning Classes will have bench 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm. Evening classes will have bench time 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
- Clay purchases should be made over the phone. A staff person will put your purchased clay on your assigned shelf.
- Wash hands upon entering the building.
- No eating in the studio. Coffee machine is off limits. Please eat outside if necessary.
An email providing more information regarding our cleaning procedures will be sent out before the start of class.
VACCINATION QUESTION: Are you able to provide proof of full COVID19 vaccination?
I am able to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Please bring proof of vaccination to the office soon after registration and before your class begins. It can also be sent electronically to Wespots2021@att.net. In the subject heading, write your First name, Last name and your class. Wesleyan Potters will keep this information in a password-protected spreadsheet. Physical copies will not be kept on file.
Exemption requests should be sent with an attached Doctor’s note (M.D. only) to LizBlodgett@wesleyanpotters.com, or drop your information by the office. Please note that requests may be accepted or denied on a case -by -case basis. Those whose requests are denied will receive a full refund.
- Tuition $301.00
Note: Class is Full