Independent Pottery ISPTH12 Seats Available
3/30/2023 to 5/25/2023
- Thursday 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
This session of Adult pottery is open to students who have taken at least one class at Wesleyan Potters before and would like to continue practicing their skills independently. There will be NO INSTRUCTOR. A staff or key member will be available for general questions. As always, because clay melts at different temperatures, only pots made in our studio with clay supplied by the Pottery may be fired in our kilns.
- Clay and tools cost extra.
- Glaze materials and firing are included in the cost of clay.
- Clay purchases can be made in the first hour of your class period. Clay purchases can also be made over the phone. A staff person will put your purchased clay on your assigned shelf.
Several studio hours, called bench times, are offered to students at no extra charge. Please read carefully so you understand what days you will have access to the clay studio.
Bench times for all students: Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- You are allowed to go to any two out of the three offered days. You must sign in to bench time.
- There will be unofficial bench times associated with PM1 & PW1. If you are in one of these classes, you may go to the bench time following your class plus one additional separate day.
- Saturdays and Sundays you will have the option to stay 1 additional hour with a $5 cash donation to our Fundraising General Fund.
Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination and at least one booster as eligible will be REQUIRED for class registration for all sessions going forward.
The Wesleyan Potters policy has changed. Mask wearing will be optional.
We have to be flexible and will advise if mask requirements go from optional to required during a class session. If Middlesex County COVID positivity rates increase into the Red Category, the loosened rules on masking may be modified for the health and safety of our community.
Note that everyone has the option to continue to wear his or her mask during the semester. If you feel the need to continue to wear a mask for your own protections, or to protect someone close to you, you should do so.
An email providing more information regarding our cleaning procedures will be provided before the start of class.
VACCINATION QUESTION: Are you able to provide proof of full COVID19 vaccination with booster?
Please bring proof of vaccination to the office soon after registration and before your class begins. It can also be sent electronically to Wespots2021@att.net. In the subject heading, write your First name, Last name and your class.
- Tuition $215.00