F106 Needle Felted Nudibranchs F1067 Seats Available
F106 Needle Felted Nudibranchs
6/24/2023 to 6/25/2023
- Saturday 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Sunday 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Enjoy the relaxing and rewarding craft of needle felting by creating your own nudibranch. Nudibranchs are a group of soft-bodied, marine gastropod mollusks, known for their extaordinary colors and striking forms. They have a shell in their larval stage which disappears in the adult form. Visual references and templates will be provided, or you can design your own nudibranch. Students will learn how to create a wire armature, use core wool to sculpt a basic form and finish surfaces with colorful patterns and textures. Materials are included, with the exception of the materials listed below.
*Materials required for class by student:
- A premade felting mat, or piece of high density foam or DIY burlap bag filled with rice, buckwheat or flaxseeds. Premade felting mats, including felted, foam, or filled, can be purchased on Amazon, Etsy, or through needle felting suppliers on the internet.
- Needle nose pilers
- Three leather finger protectors or used kidskin gloves with fingers cut off ( the instructor recommends you order a size smalller than your own glove size)
- Sketchbook or notebook and pencil
Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination and at least one booster as eligible will be REQUIRED for class registration for all sessions going forward.
The Wesleyan Potters policy has changed. Mask wearing will be optional.
We have to be flexible and will advise if mask requirements go from optional to required during a class session. If Middlesex County COVID positivity rates increase into the Red Category, the loosened rules on masking may be modified for the health and safety of our community.
Note that everyone has the option to continue to wear his or her mask during the semester. If you feel the need to continue to wear a mask for your own protections, or to protect someone close to you, you should do so.
An email providing more information regarding our cleaning procedures will be provided before the start of class.
VACCINATION QUESTION: Are you able to provide proof of full COVID19 vaccination with booster?
Please bring proof of vaccination to the office soon after registration and before your class begins. It can also be sent electronically to Wespots2021@att.net. In the subject heading, write your First name, Last name and your class.
- Tuition $215.00