Tapestry Weaving Sec. WW28 Seats Available
5/20/2020 to 6/24/2020
- Brenda Osborn
- Wednesday 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
A TAPESTRY WEAVER’S TOOL KIT AND BEYOND!
This six-week class will offer students some important tapestry weaving techniques that will enhance their abilities to design and weave a tapestry of their own creation. For students who have already taken this class, they will focus on designing and weaving a small tapestry.
First-time students will learn these techniques:
- Learning to weave in opposing sheds.
- Weaving small shapes - noting the difference between small and large shapes.
- Weaving angles - learn to maneuver the high and lows of weft threads.
- Weaving circle - like weaving angles, but more involved.
- Weaving with hachures, or ‘hatches,’ for blending colors and shading.
- “Taking a line for a walk.” - making use of all the techniques above.
On-going Students (prerequisite WW1 from Fall 2019):
During weaving time, the instructor will work with on-going students individually to help design a cartoon for their first project. Students will be given a refresher on the techniques already covered. The instructor will share some reference materials to help ignite their creativity. First time students may participate in this activity, as time allows, after they have completed the exercises on techniques.
- Tuition $242.00
Note: Class has been CANCELLED